We have created the following 1 or 2 page documents to help advise donors. They provide a general overview in various areas of interest. Click to load a brief PDF file.
- Charitable Sectors
- Consolidated Giving Funds
- Dependency: Bad for Nonprofits?
- Donation Asset Classes
- Donor Roadblocks
- How Can Giving Be Leveraged?
- Preliminary Questions to Evaluate a Nonprofit
- Private Foundations & Donor-Advised Funds
- Pursuing Sustainability
- Venture Philanthropy
- What is Strategic Giving?
We have created the following documents to assist nonprofits in carrying out their mission. Each Nonprofit Resource provides a general overview on a topic of interest and importance to nonprofits. Click to load a PDF file.
- Donor Expectations of Major Gifts
- Issues Pertaining to Receipt of a Large Gift
- Naughty Things That Donors Do
- Self-Audit of Common Standards for U.S. Nonprofit Organizations
- Should We File a Form 990?
- Sources of Nonprofit Policies
- Standards for Non-U.S. Nonprofit Organizations
- Terminology of Charitable Investment
- Three Types of Donors
- What Do Donors Want?
- Leveraging Your Story–This Booklet was created for a client, Jackson Healthcare, as a “how to” guide for hospital charitable service programs to measure and communicate their achievements and impact. The Booklet could be used by any nonprofit program to assist in its impact measurement and reporting–it is not designed specifically for one industry.
- Nonprofit Staffing: An Abstinence Educator’s Guide to Staffing–This book covers a variety of areas related to nonprofit staffing, including chapters on: staffing models, organizational design, hiring the right people, team management, performance reviews, and compensation. It hopes to inspire ideas that help make the nonprofit workplace better. Calvin Edwards wrote this book for a client, Pal-Tech, that worked with abstinence educators, as a staffing and human resources guide.
Paul Brest & Hal Harvey
Tracy Gary and Melissa Kohner
Ken Blanchard and Truett Cathy